Matcha cheesecake – delicious and creamy, green tea tasting, little bites of cheesecake, totally yummy!
We have always been big health fanatics, drinking our green tea but that doesn’t stop us from going naughty with a cheesecake from time to time. You have to trust us, this is something to die for!
Now if you’ve never had a green tea dessert like green tea ice cream, you are in for a treat because it gives a nice little bitterish aftertaste, a perfect combination between sweet and bittersweet.
All you need is:
- 200g Digestive cookies
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 500g Mascarpone
- 3 large eggs
- 100g white chocolate
- 200g unflavoured yoghurt
- 1tsp cooking matcha
- ½ cup of sugar if you want to make it sweeter/feel free to replace it with honey
- Berries of your choice
How we do it:
- Preheat oven to 170C/330F
- In a bowl mix together the Digestive cookie crumbs with the butter.
- Tip it into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Bake for 3-4 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate with ounce of milk, if necessary, in a pot.
- Add mascarpone, unflavoured yoghurt, sugar, melted chocolate to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing. Add matcha green tea powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Place it in the oven for 40min.
- Bring the cheesecake to room temperature about 30 mins before serving. To remove it from the tin, place the base on top of a can, then gradually pull the sides of the tin down. Slip the cake onto a serving plate, removing the lining paper and base.