It likely comes as no surprise that many fond memories of childhood center around food and this recipes one of them that brings me right back to my grandmother's kitchen, waiting in front of the oven to be the first one to try this heavenly banana bread!
For a spicy twist add ground cinnamon and nutmeg, for a sweet lover - add dates. Nice tangy flavour - add some orange, lemon or lime juice.
Servings: 1 loaf
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour
What you need:
4 ripe bananas, mashed
4 teaspoons of Cooking Organic MakeMeBliss Matcha
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup butter, melted
¾ cup castor sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon bi – carb soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
How we do it:
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180C
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas with melted butter
- Add in eggs and vanilla, mix them all together
- Add flour last and mix well.
- Pour mixture into already greased and floured bread loaf tray
- Bake for one hour (test with wooden pick that comes out clean)
- Allow to cool before removing from tray and finally ENJOY with loved ones!