The antioxidants, especially, catechins, in matcha green tea not only protect your immune system, but also strengthens your immune system. One cup of tea provides significant amounts of vitamins A and C, potassium, calcium and iron to the body. Particularly the Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG) assists your body’s production of T-Cells. In other words, this makes matcha green tea powder a great immune system booster during the Winter flu season!
This is not all!
Matcha contains a high level of both flavonoids and antioxidants which form a powerful anti-bacterial defence force! The flavonoids will eliminate bad breath, kill off bacteria from viruses/infections while the flavonoids are perfect for soothing a sore throat!
Starting to feel like a flu is taking over?
What you need:
1 teaspoon MakeMeBliss Cooking Matcha
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 squeezed lime
1 tablespoon Honey
4 cups of water
How we do it:
- Add all the ingredients (except for matcha) into a sauce pan and bring to boil
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Strain the tea into a pot
- Dissolve the matcha green tea powder into one tablespoon of hot water- ensuring you dissolve any lumps
- Add the matcha green tea powder to the pot of tea and stir
- Serve immediately